A Japanese hybrid that's a cross between the once popular Ralls Janet and the red delicious. This all-purpose apple is fragrantly sweet with an anise edge. The flesh is crisp and juicy, and the color is a soft green with pale red blushing. See also apple.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Fuji Apple Salad with Cider Emulsion
- Warm Brie with Fuji Apple, Pear and Melba Toasts
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- Brown Butter Apple Crostata with Apple Cider Caramel Sauce
- Roasted Apples with Sabayon Sauce
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Gooey-Good Fuji Apple Pie
- Baked Prosciutto and Brie with Apple Butter
- Country Ham and Apples
- Apple Crumble Bars
- Green Apple Martini