A mixture of various chopped fruits, served chilled as an appetizer. Any combination of fruit can be used, though a mixture of tart fruit (such as oranges and pineapples) and sweet fruit (peaches, melons or berries) is most appealing. The fruit may be spiced or drizzled with champagne or liqueur for added flavor. Canned fruit cocktail is available, although the flavors of the individual fruits are barely discernible.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Fruit "Cocktail"
- Frozen Fruit Cups
- Fruit-Cocktail Gelatin Cups
- Fruit Cocktail, Sangria Style
- Passion Fruit Cocktail
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Grilled Pork Chops, Sweet and Sour Lychees, Potato Pancakes, Cucumber Lychee Salad and Lychee Cocktail
- Summer Fruit with Wine and Mint
- Peach and Vanilla Gelato and Raspberry Sorbetto Cocktail
- Shrimp, Avocado, and Lobster Cocktail with a Tequila-Cilantro Mayonnaise
- Fresh Fruit Smoothie