A small, sweet or savory, deep-fried cake made either by combining chopped food with a thick batter or by dipping pieces of food into a similar batter. Some of the more popular foods used for fritters are apples, corn and crab.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Florida Lobster and Sea Scallop Fritters
- Spicy Fava Bean Fritters with Lemon Minted Yogurt
- Tuna and Ricotta Fritters (Polpette di Tonno e Ricotta)
- Sweet Rice Fritters: Fritelle di Riso
- Potato Fritters: Crocche di Patate