Any young, green string bean, all of which (including the pod) can be eaten. Frenched or French green beans are those that have been cut lengthwise into very thin strips. See also beans.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Beans and Bacon Macaroni
- Round 2 Recipe: French Stew
- Pan Seared Chicken with Roasted Tomato Sauce
- Humble Home-Cooked Beans
- Shaker Fresh Cranberry Bean Chowder
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- French String Beans
- French Green Bean Salad
- Grilled Swordfish with White Bean Relish and Potato Skordalia
- The Once and Future Beans
- Grilled Prawns with White Beans