Any young, green string bean, all of which (including the pod) can be eaten. Frenched or French green beans are those that have been cut lengthwise into very thin strips. See also beans.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Beans and Bacon Macaroni
- Round 2 Recipe: French Stew
- Pan Seared Chicken with Roasted Tomato Sauce
- Seasonal Soup
- Humble Home-Cooked Beans
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- French Green Bean Salad
- French String Beans
- Grilled Flank Steak, Portobello and Green Bean Salad
- Bean and Barley Soup: Minestra di Fagioli
- Black Bean Salad with Mango, Cilantro and Lime