Meaning "flute," a flauta is a corn tortilla rolled around a savory (usually shredded meat or poultry) filling, then fried until crisp.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Chicken Flautas with Avocado Cream
- Chicken Flautas
- Confetti Mash Potato Flautas with Hot Tomatillo Sauce
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Brainwash Flat-Iron Chicken Sandwich
- Grilled Flat Iron Steak with Blue Cheese Butter and Grilled Grapes
- Grilled Flat Iron Steak
- Grilled Flat Bread with Caramelized Onions, Creamy Blue Cheese and Figs
- Thin Poha (Flat Rice) Chivda