A long (around 18 to 20 inches) oval pan specifically designed to poach whole filets, although individual pieces can also be cooked in it. A poacher is fitted with a steel rack (on which the fish sits above the poaching liquid), two handles and a tight-fitting lid.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Coulibiac with Ariadne
- Ale Poached Halibut
- Poached Salmon with Anchovy Dressing
- Fennel Poached Salmon with Red Currant Sauce
- Whole Poached Salmon with Creamy Ravigote Sauce
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Poached Fish and Grilled Vegetable Salad
- Brazilian Fish Stew
- Marco's Fish Wrapped in Hoja Santa
- Caramelized Fennel Fettuccine with a Poached Egg
- Zesty Lime Fish Tacos