n. Filet is the French spelling for fillet, a boneless piece of meat or fish. 2. The breasts of poultry or game birds are sometimes referred to as fillets. fillet v. To cut the bones from a piece of meat or fish, thereby creating a meat or fish fillet.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Filet Mignon over Lobster Boursin Mashed Potatoes with a Merlot Reduction
- Filet of Beef Bourguignon
- Filet Mignon Crostini with Rosemary Pesto
- Filet of Beef Roasted with Coffee Beans in Pasilla Chile Broth
- Filet Mignon with Cabernet Peppercorn Demi-glace