n. Filet is the French spelling for fillet, a boneless piece of meat or fish. 2. The breasts of poultry or game birds are sometimes referred to as fillets. fillet v. To cut the bones from a piece of meat or fish, thereby creating a meat or fish fillet.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Filet Mignon with Mushrooms and Sauce Pinot Noir
- Filet Mignon with Mustard Port Sauce
- Filet of Beef
- Filet Mignon Sandwiches
- Filet Mignon Au Poivre with Sun-Dried Tomato Demi-Glace and Sauteed Brussels Sprouts
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Petite Filet with Gorgonzola and Porcini Mushroom Sauce
- The Ultimate Filet O Fish Sammie
- Filet Mignon Drizzle with a Maple Balsamic Reduction, Served with Sweet Roasted Cherry Tomatoes and Parmesan Potato Croquettes
- Porcini Crusted Filet with Portabella Zin Sauce and Creamy Gorgonzola Polenta
- Filet of Beef with Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Bleu Cheese and Walnut Stuffed Portobellos, and Homemade Worcestershire Sauce