n. Filet is the French spelling for fillet, a boneless piece of meat or fish. 2. The breasts of poultry or game birds are sometimes referred to as fillets. fillet v. To cut the bones from a piece of meat or fish, thereby creating a meat or fish fillet.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Filet Mignon Crostini with Rosemary Pesto
- Filet Mignon with Mustard Port Sauce
- Filet of Beef au Poivre
- Filet Mignon over Lobster Boursin Mashed Potatoes with a Merlot Reduction
- Filet Mignon with Mushrooms and Sauce Pinot Noir
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Filet Mignon with Cabernet Peppercorn Demi-glace
- Porcini Crusted Filet with Portabella Zin Sauce and Creamy Gorgonzola Polenta
- Pan Roasted Filet Mignon with Asparagus Sea Bass with Roasted Cauliflower Puree
- Petite Filet with Gorgonzola and Porcini Mushroom Sauce
- Pan-Roasted Filet Mignon Stuffed with English Stilton Served with Potato Walnut Confit and Port Wine Reduction