Categories: Coffee Drinks
A dark, strong coffee made by forcing steam (or hot water) through finely ground, Italian-roast coffee especially blended for making espresso. This form of brewing produces a thin layer of creamy, dark beige froth on the coffee's surface. Espresso is served in a tiny espresso (or demitasse) cup. An espresso doppio [DOHP-pyoh] is simply a double espresso.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Espresso Ice Cream
- Espresso Granita with Whipped Cream
- Espresso Chocolate Truffles With Toffee
- Espresso Brownies
- Espresso Martini
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Chocolate Espresso Cups
- Chocolate-Espresso Morning Buzz Granola
- Frothy Chocolate Espresso Shake
- Espresso Flan
- Espresso Chocolate Mousse with Orange Mascarpone Whipped Cream