French for "snail."
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Escargots in a Pastry Dome
- Escargot, in the Shell with Herb Butter
- Escargot a la Borguignone
- Escargot Truffiere
- Escargots a la Bourguignonne
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Red Wine-Marinated Escargot Over Bowtie Pasta
- Champignons de Paris Stuffed with Escargot, Garlic, Parsley, and Almonds
- Escargots in Garlic and Parsley Butter
- Gros Escargots de Bourgongne
- Escargots in Amber Ale: Pot au feu d'Escargots a la Caracole Ambree