A large, hearty breakfast that can include fruit or juice, eggs, ham or other meat, fish, cereal, baked goods, jam and tea. Compare to continental breakfast.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Peach-Ginger Iced Tea
- Herbed Goat Cheese and Market Salad in Phyllo Cups
- Whole-Grain Breakfast Porridge
- English-Muffin Breakfast Pizza
- Chili Sweet Potato Hash with Fried Eggs and Fresh Tomato Salsa B, L or D meal: good for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Big Breakfast Burritos
- Pastrami-Style Gravlax with Sweet English Mustard on Pumpernickel Toast
- Breakfast Strudel
- Griz Breakfast Burrito
- Colazione del Contadino: Farmer's Breakfast