Pronunciation: [en-chuh-LAH-dah; en-chee-LAH-thah]
This Mexican specialty is made by rolling a softened corn tortilla around a meat or cheese filling. It's served hot, usually topped with a tomato-based salsa and sprinkled with cheese.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- (Web Exclusive) Round 2 Recipe: Black Bean Enchiladas
- Shrimp Enchiladas with Guajillo Salsa
- Breakfast Enchiladas with Red Sauce
- Chicken Enchiladas
- Cheesy Pork Enchiladas
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Turkey Club Enchilada Casserole
- Beef Short Rib Enchilada
- Broiled Black Sea Bass with Enchilada Sauce, Mexican Rice and Refried Beans
- Roast Chicken Enchilada Suizas Stacked Casserole
- Veggie Cheese Enchiladas