In season from November to May, the large emperor grape comes from California and has an elongated oval shape. The thin, pale red to purple-red skin covers a mild-flavored flesh with scattered seeds. See also grape.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Frozen Grapes
- Carrot, Grape and Raisin Slaw
- Green Grape Granita
- Countdown #5 Radicchio and Grape Salad with Pecorino and Pistachios
- Sweet Roasted Grapes
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Fontina and Prosciutto Stuffed Pork Chops with Grilled Polenta Squares and Roasted California Grapes
- Focaccia with Rosemary and Grapes
- Halibut Kabobs with Zucchini and Grape Tomatoes
- Wine Jelly with Grapes
- Warm Grape Cake