In season from November to May, the large emperor grape comes from California and has an elongated oval shape. The thin, pale red to purple-red skin covers a mild-flavored flesh with scattered seeds. See also grape.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Frozen Grapes
- Grape Juice-Ginger Ale Spritzer
- Two-Toned Grape Puff Pastry Tarts
- Grape Ricotta Breakfast Focaccia
- Red Grape Focaccia
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Ajo Blanco: White Garlic Soup with Grapes
- Lemon-Grape Coolers
- Purslane Salad with Grapes and Duck
- Spiced Chicken and Grape Skewers
- Goat Cheese filled Grape Leaves