Egg yolk or egg white mixed with a small amount of water or milk. It's brushed over breads, pastry and other baked goods before baking to give them color and gloss.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Egg Rolls
- Pork Egg Roll with Broccoli Slaw
- Pork Egg Rolls with Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Easter Egg "Hunt" Cake
- Stuffed Pepper
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Jerk Pork Belly and Sweet Potato Hash with Fried Eggs
- Sour Orange Pork with Sweet Potato-Hash, Fried Eggs and Sofrito Hollandaise
- Stuffed Potato Skin Skillet Hash with Fried Eggs
- Corned Beef Hash and Poached Eggs with Easy Hollandaise
- Quinoa Hash Browns and Turkish Eggs