Egg yolk or egg white mixed with a small amount of water or milk. It's brushed over breads, pastry and other baked goods before baking to give them color and gloss.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Egg Rolls
- Easter Egg "Hunt" Cake
- Pork Egg Rolls with Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Fried Egg and Oyster Sandwich
- Pork Egg Roll with Broccoli Slaw
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Jerk Pork Belly and Sweet Potato Hash with Fried Eggs
- Stuffed Potato Skin Skillet Hash with Fried Eggs
- Corned Beef Hash and Poached Eggs with Easy Hollandaise
- Quinoa Hash Browns and Turkish Eggs
- Smoked Salmon Hash with Sunny Side Up Eggs