1. To prepare game, fowl, fish and so forth for cooking by plucking, scaling, eviscerating, and so on. 2. To "dress a salad" simply means adding a dressing.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Tomato, Onion, and Cucumber Salad
- Romaine Salad with Texas Ruby Red Grapefruit and Roquefort in Pomegranate-Port Vinaigrette
- Green Melon with Lime and Lemon Sorbet
- Fish Cakes with Chipotle Cream
- The Wedding Dress
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Winter Greens and Butternut Squash Gratin
- Brined Roast Turkey Breast with Herb Pan Gravy
- High Cotton Brunswick Stew