1. In cooking, to eviscerate; to remove the entrails, as from poultry or fish. 2. To clarify a mixture, as in drawn butter.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Strawberry Pistachio Tart
- Rosella Ginger Pecan Torte: Wedding Cake Recipe
- Chocolate Moonscape Centerpiece
- Sugar Cube House (Tablescape Centerpiece)
- White Chocolate Bark
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Raw Oysters on the Half Shell with Cucumber Mignonette
- Fresh Dates Baked in Clay with Labne and Raw Honey
- Raw Corn, Arugula, and Pecorino Salad
- Cherry Pie Inspired By an "Old Fashioned" Cocktail (Sour Cherries Stewed With Raw Sugar, Bourbon and Orange Bitters)
- Gravlax - Raw Spiced Salmon