Any of a wide variety of sweet winessometimes fortified with brandy, all of which are compatible with dessert. Some of the more popular dessert wines are late harvest riesling, madeira, port, sauternes, sherry and some sparkling wines, such as asti spumante.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Dessert Wines, Cookies, Fresh and Dried Fruits
- Tiramisu with Chocolate-Dipped Coffee Beans
- Poached Pears with Dessert Wine Sauce
- Individual Cranberry Apple Deep-Dish Pies
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Sugar Plum Wine Fairy
- Farfalle with Fresh Tomatoes, Wine, Olives and Golden Raisins
- Mulled Wine and Cranberry Sorbet
- Two Carnival Desserts
- Shredded Red Leaf Salad with Creamy Red Wine Vinaigrette