Any of a wide variety of sweet winessometimes fortified with brandy, all of which are compatible with dessert. Some of the more popular dessert wines are late harvest riesling, madeira, port, sauternes, sherry and some sparkling wines, such as asti spumante.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Dessert Wines, Cookies, Fresh and Dried Fruits
- Tiramisu with Chocolate-Dipped Coffee Beans
- Poached Pears with Dessert Wine Sauce
- Individual Cranberry Apple Deep-Dish Pies
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Red Wine Sangria
- Red Wine Fettuccine with Lumache and Olives
- Triple Orange Dessert Soup
- White Wine California Citrus Sangria
- Two Carnival Desserts