Another specialty made famous at Delmonico's, Delmonico steak stands for different cuts around the United States. In some parts of the country this tender, flavorful steak is a boneless beef cut from the short loin. Depending on the region, butcher and so on, it's also referred to as a New York steak. In other sections of the United States the Delmonico steak is a boneless rib-eye steak, also called a Spencer steak. There's also a third description in some areasa steak cut from the sirloin, which is right next to the short loin. All Delmonico steaks can be broiled, grilled or fried.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Surf n' Turf- Flank Steak and Prawns with a Salad of Grilled Romaine
- Flank Steak Crostini with Chimichurri and Vidalia Relish
- Italian-style Grilled T-Bone Steaks
- Grilled Flank Steak with Parsley Sauce, Roasted Sweet Peppers and Grilled Onions and Goat Cheese Potato Puree
- Marinated and Grilled Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce, Yucca Fries and Avocado, Tomato and Red Onion Salad