Named after the 19th-century New York restaurant of the same name whose owner-chef created this dish. It consists of cooked and creamed diced (or mashed) potatoes topped with grated cheese and buttered breadcrumbs, then baked until golden brown.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Melted Raclette Cheese with Marble Potatoes and Purslane
- Potato and Corn Salad with Chipotle Mayonnaise
- Sugar and Salt Pork with Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Preserved Lemons
- Ravadosa Pancakes with Sweet Potato and Cumin Filling
- Barbeque Roasted Potatoes with Sour Cream Bacon Sauce