Available in East Indian and Asian markets and the gourmet section of some supermarkets, curry paste is a blend of ghee (clarified butter), curry powder, vinegar and other seasonings. It's used in lieu of curry powder for many curried dishes.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Curry in a Hurry
- Shrimp and Vegetable Yellow Curry
- Thai Yellow Pumpkin and Seafood Curry
- Veggies in Yellow Curry
- Trinidadian Curry Goat
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Scotch Egg with Curry Mayo
- Red Curry Chicken Stir-Fry
- Stuffed Mozzarella and Chili Paste Hamburgers
- Green Coconut Fish Curry
- Eggplant and Squash Curry