A favorite with the English, this full-flavored sauce is a combination of red currant jelly, port, orange and lemon zests, mustard and seasonings. It's excellent served with venison, duck and other game.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Cumberland Sauce
- Boneless Duck Breast with Cumberland Sauce
- Roast Pheasant with Whisky-Cumberland Sauce
- Roasted Christmas Goose
- Country-Style Pate en Terrine
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Apricot Amaretto Sauce
- Pan-Seared Pork Tenderloin with Rosemary Balsamic and Orange Sauce
- Mushroom and Prosciutto Sauce: Ragu di Funghi e Prosciutto
- Wheat Noodles with Anchovy Sauce: Bigoli en Salsa
- Lamb Meatballs in Almond Sauce