A favorite with the English, this full-flavored sauce is a combination of red currant jelly, port, orange and lemon zests, mustard and seasonings. It's excellent served with venison, duck and other game.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Cumberland Sauce
- Boneless Duck Breast with Cumberland Sauce
- Roast Pheasant with Whisky-Cumberland Sauce
- Country-Style Pate en Terrine
- Roasted Christmas Goose
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Zucchini Tomato Sauce with Fat Spaghetti
- Bell Peppers Stuffed with Rice in Tomato Sauce (Pimientos Rellenos de Arroz con Salsa de Tomates)
- Crisp Red Snapper with Ragout of Potatoes, Onions, Artichokes, and Green Olives with Sauce Vierge
- Gnocchi with Butter Thyme Sauce
- Frittata with Peppers and Onions with Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce