1. To cut food (such as meat or cheese) into ½-inch cubes. Cubes of food are larger than diced or mirepoix. 2. A term also used to describe tenderizing meat with an instrument that leaves cube-shaped imprints on the surface.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Tuna Cubes
- Watermelon Cube with Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- Sugar Cube House (Tablescape Centerpiece)
- Three Potato Hash
- Vegetable Souffle
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Prosciutto-Wrapped Beef Cubes with Mustard Pan Sauce
- Lemon-Ginger Iced Tea with Berry Cubes
- Aloe Vera and Marigold Frozen Gel Cubes for Burns
- Pear Ice Cubes
- Bourbon Tea Punch with Citrus Ice Cubes