A flavorful cut of beef taken from the top or bottom round and tenderized (or cubed) by running it through a butcher's tenderizing machine once or twice. Cube steak would be too tough to eat without being tenderized.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Steak and Black Bean Chalupas
- Chicken Fried Steak on Stick with Whatsthishere Sauce
- Marlboro Man's Favorite Sandwich
- Italian-style Grilled T-Bone Steaks
- Surf n' Turf- Flank Steak and Prawns with a Salad of Grilled Romaine
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Seared Rib-Eye Steak with Arugula and Roasted Pepper Salad
- Argentinean Barbecued Steak
- Asian Marinated Skirt Steak
- Hanger Steaks with Ginger-Cranberry Sauce
- Grilled Steak