A flavorful cut of beef taken from the top or bottom round and tenderized (or cubed) by running it through a butcher's tenderizing machine once or twice. Cube steak would be too tough to eat without being tenderized.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Steak and Black Bean Chalupas
- Chicken Fried Steak on Stick with Whatsthishere Sauce
- Marlboro Man's Favorite Sandwich
- Surf n' Turf- Flank Steak and Prawns with a Salad of Grilled Romaine
- Flank Steak Crostini with Chimichurri and Vidalia Relish
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Grilled Flank Steak, Portobello and Green Bean Salad
- Marinated Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
- Pan Roasted Skirt Steak with Fingerlings and Ramp Leaves with a Pickle Sauce
- McGuire's Steak and Mushroom Pie
- Blade Steaks with Mushrooms