A mixture of minced meat or vegetables, a thick white sauce and seasonings that is formed into small cylinders, ovals or rounds, dipped in beaten egg and then breadcrumbs, and deep-fried until crisp and brown.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Croquettes Mexicano
- Chicken Croquettes
- Milk Croquettes: Crocche di Latte
- Tuna Croquette
- Turkey Croquettes with Mushroom-Rosemary Gravy
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Potato Pork Croquette: Korokee
- Potato Croquette
- Potato Croquettes---Panzeroti di Patate
- Filet Mignon Drizzle with a Maple Balsamic Reduction, Served with Sweet Roasted Cherry Tomatoes and Parmesan Potato Croquettes
- Crab Cake Croquettes