v.To refresh vegetables such as celery and carrots by soaking them in ice water until they once again become crisp. Other foods, such as crackers that have lost their snap, may be heated in a moderate oven until their crispness returns. crisp n. A dessert of fruit topped with a crumbly, sweet pastry mixture and baked until browned and crisp.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Crisp Duck with Whipped Taro Root and Taro Chips
- Crisp Meringue Heart Napoleons
- Peach Crisp with Maple Cream Sauce
- Crisp Chicken Wings with Chili-Lime Butter
- Crisp Cheese Wafers Friuli-Style