A dark brown, slightly firmer variation of the everyday cultivated white mushroom. Cremini have a slightly fuller flavor than their paler relatives. They have a smooth rounded cap that ranges in size from ½ to 2 inches in diameter. The portobello mushroom is the fully matured form of this mushroom. The cremino is also referred to as common brown mushroom and Roman mushroom.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Cremini Mushroom, Bacon, and Shallot Crustless Quiche
- Roasted Turkey Sandwich with Cremini and Truffle
- Pizza with Parsley Pesto, Cremini Mushrooms, Fontina and Goat Cheese
- Baby Artichoke, Cremini and Button Mushroom Salad
- Creamy Farfalle with Cremini, Asparagus and Walnuts