Delicious, crunchy pieces of either pork or poultry fat after it has been rendered, or the crisp, brown skin of fried or roasted pork. Cracklings are sold packaged in some supermarkets and specialty markets. "Cracklin' bread" is cornbread with bits of cracklings scattered throughout.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Crackling Cornbread Muffins
- Crackling Pork Shank with Fire Cracker Apple Sauce
- Crackling Fish Tacos with Chipotle Tartar Sauce
- Crackling Fish Fillets
- Pork Cracklings with Green Salsa (Chicharrones en Salsa Verde)
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Ciciolli di Oca: Duck Cracklings
- Pine Nut and Endive Frittata with Crackling
- Really Slow Roast Pork Shoulder with Crispy, Crispy Crackling and Garlic Roast Potatoes
- Sesame Crackling Shrimp