Categories: Herbs & Spices
Sold packaged in supermarkets and specialty markets, crab boil (also called fish boil and shrimp boil) is a mixture of herbs and spices added to water in which crab, shrimp or lobster is cooked. The blend can include mustard seeds, peppercorns, bay leaves, whole allspice and cloves, dried ginger pieces and red chiles.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Crab-Corn Chowder
- Spicy Crab Boil
- Steamed Maryland Blue Crabs for 14
- Crab Cake BLT
- Crab Bisque with Crab Toasts
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Emeril's Crab Boil
- Spicy Crab Boil For Blue Crabs
- Spicy Crab Boil BBQ Chicken with Cajun Barbeque Sauce
- Garlic and Chile Roasted Dungeness Crabs
- Kimchi Crab Spring Rolls