A gravy made from pan drippings, flour and milk. It can be thick to thin, depending on the amount of milk added. Country gravy is a popular accompaniment to chicken-fried steak.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Country Fried Round Steak
- Turkey Hash with Country Gravy
- Buttermilk Fried Chicken Sliders
- Gravy Cheese Fries
- Tequila-Spiked Pan Gravy
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Kirsten's Fried Pork Chops with Country Gravy
- Country Fried Steak with White Gravy
- Country Ham with Red-Eyed Gravy and Creamy Grits
- Country Ham and Apples
- Cool'N Spicy Green Tomato Soup with Crab and Country Ham