A term created by the brand name Uncle Ben's, used to describe parboiled rice. See also rice.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Roasted Pork Loin with Guava Glaze and Calypso Rice
- The Life Span of Rice
- Brown Rice Salad
- Persian-Style Jeweled Rice with Oven Roasted Chicken
- One Pot Chicken Dish over Cheesy Rice
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Caribbean Seasoned Rice
- Emeril's Shrimp Scampi with Herbed Rice Pilaf
- "100 Grand" Chewy Caramel with Puffed Rice Coated in Chocolate
- Caramel Sea Salt Crispy Rice Treats
- Poached Grouper with Mango Salsa and Coconut Cilantro Rice Pilaf