A savory, piquant, spicy or salty accompaniment to food, such as a relish, sauce, mixture of spices and so on. Ketchup and mustard are two of the most popular condiments.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Classic Beurre Blanc: White Butter Sauce
- Muffuletta Relish
- Cinnamon Honey Butter
- Blender Hollandaise Sauce
- Daddy's Tangy Grilling Sauce
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Cocoa Nib and Corn Meal Crusted Fried Squid with a White Chocolate Sherry Vinegar Condiment and Pickled Radishes and Pea Greens Salad
- Fresh Herb Butter
- Wooly's Ice Sea Salt Leche Syrup
- "Old Bay" Hollandaise
- Low-Sugar Mixed Berry Jam