This large, exquisite pear has a meltingly smooth, sweet flesh and fruit-filled fragrance. It ranges in color from greenish-yellow to yellow blushed with red. It's available from October to January and is best eaten raw. See also pear.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Comice Pear, Dried Fruit, and Huckleberry Crostata
- Fig and Pear Charlotte
- Ginger Poached Pear in Lingonberry Broth
- Pear, Stilton, and Walnut Souffles with Pear Compote
- Rustic Pear Tart
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Caramelized Pears with Rum Raisin Mascarpone
- Slow Cooker Spiced Apple and Pear Butter
- Pear Crumble with Pomegranate Sauce
- Honey-Glazed Apple Pear Tart
- Chai Poached Pears