This large, exquisite pear has a meltingly smooth, sweet flesh and fruit-filled fragrance. It ranges in color from greenish-yellow to yellow blushed with red. It's available from October to January and is best eaten raw. See also pear.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Comice Pear, Dried Fruit, and Huckleberry Crostata
- Fig and Pear Charlotte
- Rustic Pear Tart
- Red Wine Poached Pears
- Pear-Stuffed French Toast
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Layered Chestnut Cream and Pear Verrine
- Asian Pear Salad with Tamari Pecans and Maytag Blue Cheese
- Grilled King Salmon with Pear Butter and Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
- Frozen Yogurt with Poached Rum Raisin Pears
- Pear and Cranberry Crostata