Pronunciation: [kohl-BEHR; KOHL-behr]
Named after the chief minister of King Louis XIV, this sauce combines meat glaze, butter, wine, shallots, tarragon and lemon juice. It's served with grilled meats and game.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Zucchini Tomato Sauce with Fat Spaghetti
- Bell Peppers Stuffed with Rice in Tomato Sauce (Pimientos Rellenos de Arroz con Salsa de Tomates)
- Crisp Red Snapper with Ragout of Potatoes, Onions, Artichokes, and Green Olives with Sauce Vierge
- Gnocchi with Butter Thyme Sauce
- Frittata with Peppers and Onions with Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce