1. A baked, deep-dish fruit dessert topped with a thick biscuit crust sprinkled with sugar. 2. An old-fashioned punch made by mixing liquor (usually brandy, rum or whiskey) or wine with fruit juice and sugar. Cobblers are served over crushed ice, garnished with mint and slices of citrus.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Super-Easy Peach and Blueberry Cobbler
- Berry Fruit Cobbler with Fresh Whipped Cream
- Easy Peach Cobbler
- Blueberry Nectarine Cobbler
- Blueberry and Nectarine Cobbler
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Sandy Valley Ranch Cowboy Peach Cobbler
- Peach and Berry Cobbler
- Peach Cobbler Muffins
- Nectarine Blueberry Cobbler