A tender, flavorful beef cut from the small end of the short loin next to the rib. It has a bone along one side but includes no portion of the tenderloin.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Surf n' Turf- Flank Steak and Prawns with a Salad of Grilled Romaine
- Flank Steak Crostini with Chimichurri and Vidalia Relish
- Italian-style Grilled T-Bone Steaks
- Grilled Rib Eye Steak au Poivre with Dijon-Roasted Garlic Aioli Panko Fries and Tomato Salad
- Grilled Rib Eye Steaks and Tomatoes with Mint-Thai Basil Slather and 8 Spiced Home Fries