A ready-to-use syrup, usually a combination of unsweetened cocoa powder, sugar or corn syrup and various other flavorings. Chocolate syrup is usually quite sweet and is most often used to flavor milk or as a dessert sauce. It cannot be substituted for melted chocolate in recipes.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Coconut Waffles with Chocolate Maple Syrup and Banana
- Chocolate Mascarpone Stuffed French Toast with Strawberry Syrup
- Chocolate Chip-Pistachio Pancakes with Salted Honey Caramel Syrup
- Chocolate-Hazelnut French Toast With Raspberry Syrup
- Vanilla Bean Buttercream, Vanilla Bean White Chocolate Mousse and Vanilla Syrup for Wedding Cake