The British word for what Americans call "french fries." Their potato chips are called "crisps."
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Sweet Potato Chips
- Ginger Chips
- Poker Potato Chips
- Flavored House Made Potato Chips
- Oven-Fried Potato and Sweet Potato Chips with Creamy Oven-Cooked Bacon Dip
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Vinegar and Salt Grilled Potato "Chips"
- Corn Chip-Crusted Fried Ravioli
- Nachos with BBQ Rubbed Corn Tortilla Chips and Home Team Death Relish
- Lobster and Chips
- Fire-Roasted Corn Dip with Crispy Flour and Blue Corn Chips