The British word for what Americans call "french fries." Their potato chips are called "crisps."
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Baked Pita Chips with Charred Three Onion Dip
- Chocolate Chips
- Butternut Squash Chips
- Homemade Potato Chips
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Fire-Roasted Corn Dip with Crispy Flour and Blue Corn Chips
- Corn Chip-Crusted Fried Ravioli
- Crispy Oysters on Yucca Root Chips with Habanero Honey Aioli
- Fish 'n Chips
- Grilled Sea Scallops on Tortilla Chips with Avocado Puree and Jalapeno Pesto