Texturally similar to pepperoni, this dry, rather hard sausage is usually made from pork meat and a goodly amount of fat. It's smoked, slightly sweet and highly seasoned. Probably the most popular Chinese sausage in this country is lop chong. It and others like it are available in specialty meat shops and Chinese markets. Store up to 1 month in the refrigerator. Chinese sausage makes an excellent addition to stir-fry dishes.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Warm Broccoli and Tofu Salad with Grilled Chinese Sausage and Chili Miso Vinaigrette
- Fried Rice with Chinese Sausage
- Chicken and Chinese Sausage Rice Hot Pot
- Broccoli with Chinese Sausage
- Whole Quail with Sticky Rice with Chinese Sausage