Texturally similar to pepperoni, this dry, rather hard sausage is usually made from pork meat and a goodly amount of fat. It's smoked, slightly sweet and highly seasoned. Probably the most popular Chinese sausage in this country is lop chong. It and others like it are available in specialty meat shops and Chinese markets. Store up to 1 month in the refrigerator. Chinese sausage makes an excellent addition to stir-fry dishes.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Broccoli with Chinese Sausage
- Fried Rice with Chinese Sausage
- Whole Quail with Sticky Rice with Chinese Sausage
- Chicken and Chinese Sausage Rice Hot Pot
- Seared Scallops with Hot Garlic Oil and Chinese Sausage Sticky Rice Package