n.This term refers to the backbone of an animal. It can also describe a cut of meat including the backbone with some adjoining flesh. chine v. A butchering term meaning to sever the backbone.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Bone-In Pork Roast with Broccoli Rabe, Sweet Italian Sausage, and Roasted Peaches
- Moroccan Crusted Lamb Racks with Grilled Apricots
- Roasted Rack of Lamb with Icicle Radishes
- Standing Rib Roast with Cabernet au Jus
- Ancho Chili Scented Crown Roast of Pork