Because it was invented to use leftovers, this Mexican entree is sometimes called "poor man's dish." It consists of corn tortilla strips sautéed with other foods such as mild green chiles, cheese, lasagna and baked.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Chilaquiles with Roasted Tomatillos
- Chilaquiles with Turkey and Roasted Tomatillo Salsa
- Chilaquiles con Pollo: Tortilla Casserole with Chicken Breast
- Chilaquiles with Roasted Tomatillo Salsa
- Chilaquiles with Chorizo
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Black Bean and Beef Chilaquiles with Fried Eggs
- Simple Chilaquiles with Fried Eggs
- Texas Style Bacon, Beans and Eggs: Black Bean Chilaquiles
- Chilaquiles Cha Cha Cha
- Chilaquiles: Tortilla Casserole