Known in Hungary as paprikás csirke, this traditional Hungarian dish consists of chicken and onions browned in bacon drippings, then braised with chicken stock, paprika and other seasonings. A sauce is made from the braising liquid mixed with sour cream. Although chicken is traditionally used, versions of this dish are also made with meat and fish.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Chicken Paprikash Pierogis
- Chicken Paprikash
- Roasted Garlic-Glazed Chicken with Lemon-Herb Sauce and Creole Rice Pilaf
- Stuffed Chicken Legs in Puff Pastry with Andouille Cream
- Chicken a la King on Herb Biscuits
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Composed Mediterranean Chicken Salad
- Potted Chicken Breasts with Lemon and Rosemary
- Chicken Pad See Ew
- Greek Chicken Burgers
- Chicken with Yoghurt and Cashew Nuts