A hot, pungent powder made from several of various tropical chiles that originated in French Guyana. Cayenne pepper is also called red pepper.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Maple Pepper Pecans
- Banana Pepper Sauerkraut
- Pasta with Pepper Vodka Sauce
- Salt and Pepper Calamari with Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Sausage Stuffed Bell Peppers
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Sirloin Pork Chops Braised with Hot Cherry Peppers
- Zia Marianna's Grilled Peppers
- Seared Rib-Eye Steak with Arugula and Roasted Pepper Salad
- Grapefruit and Pepper Meringue Tartlets
- Grilled Whole Fish with Four Pepper-Ginger Sauce