A hot, pungent powder made from several of various tropical chiles that originated in French Guyana. Cayenne pepper is also called red pepper.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Banana Pepper Sauerkraut
- Maple Pepper Pecans
- Salt and Pepper Calamari with Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Pasta with Pepper Vodka Sauce
- Spicy Chicken with Peppers and Basil
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Oven-Roasted Halibut with Black Olive Tapenade on Roasted Red Peppers (Rape Asado con Tapenada Negra Y Pimientos Morrones)
- Clementines with Vinegar and Pepper
- Bell Peppers Stuffed with Rice in Tomato Sauce (Pimientos Rellenos de Arroz con Salsa de Tomates)
- Frittata with Peppers and Onions with Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce
- Roasted Red Pepper-Tomato Pizza with Goat Cheese, Basil and Red Chili Oil