Italian for "cinnamon," translated as "little stalk."
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Mexican Brownies with Canela Whipped Cream
- Garbanzo, Pineapple, Panela (or Piloncillo), and Canela Topping
- Calabaza Soup with Cinnamon Creme Fraiche: Sopa de Calabaza con Canela Crema Fresca
- Cuban French Toast with Tropical Fruit Salsa
- Pan Seared Duck Breast with Tamarind Reduction