An apple that's coated with a cinnamon-flavored red sugar syrup. This candy coating can either be crackly-hard or soft and gooey. A candied-apple clone is the caramel apple, which has a thick, soft caramel-flavored coating. Both versions are served on sticks for portable eating.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Candied Apple
- Candied Apple Pie
- Kentucky Country Ham Salad
- Brown Butter Apple Crostata with Apple Cider Caramel Sauce
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Candied Apple Rugelach
- Brussels Sprouts with Candied Walnuts and Green Apple
- Sweetbread Stuffed Veal Chop with Seared Foie Gras and Candied Apples, Squash and Pecans
- Candied Bacon and Apple Canapes
- Cranberry Apple Roasted Turkey Breast