A flat, small (usually 5- by 5- by 4-inch), triangle-shape tool, generally made of stainless steel. Each of the three edges has serrated teeth of a different size. This tool is used to make decorative designs and swirls in the frosting on a cake.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Buche de Noel
- Taste of Italy
- Chocolate Decorating Ideas
- Walnut Cake with American Frosting
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Johnny Cake
- Teaspoon Bake Shop's Oatmeal Cake with Maple Glaze
- Johnny Cakes with Horseradish Creme Fraiche and Smoked Trout
- Stack Cake
- Chocolate Date Cake with Coconut-Cognac Sauce