A variety of turban squash that ranges from 4 to 8 inches in diameter and 2 to 3 inches high. It has a light blue-gray turban with a dark green shell flecked with gray. The flesh is orange and the flavor reminiscent of sweet potato. It can be baked, steamed or simmered. See also squash.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Pickled Squash
- Butternut Squash Crostini
- Squash Gratin
- Summer Squash Carpaccio
- Spicy Roasted Tomato Marinara with Spaghetti Squash
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Roasted Squash Puree
- Butternut Squash Ravioli with Sage Brown Butter and Bittersweet Chocolate
- Eight-Spice Squash and Chicken Thighs Stew with Lentil Rice
- Bake-tastic Butternut Squash Fries
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup