A variety of turban squash that ranges from 4 to 8 inches in diameter and 2 to 3 inches high. It has a light blue-gray turban with a dark green shell flecked with gray. The flesh is orange and the flavor reminiscent of sweet potato. It can be baked, steamed or simmered. See also squash.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Grilled Summer Squash
- Spaghetti Squash with Brown Butter
- Cheesy Squash Casserole
- Overstuffed Pattypan Squash
- Sauteed Yellow Squash
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Winter Squash and Duck Risotto
- Squash Gnocchi: Gnocchi di Zucca
- Warm Farro Salad with Roasted Butternut Squash and Spiced Cranberry Vinaigrette
- Winter Greens and Butternut Squash Gratin
- Spaghetti Squash Primavera