A light, creamy frosting made with softened butter, powdered sugar, egg yolks and milk or light cream. This uncooked frosting is beaten until light and creamy. It can be flavored in many ways and is used both as a filling and frosting for a variety of cakes and pastries.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- Ron's Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- Buttercream Mousseline/Cookies and Cream
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Throwdown's Toasted Coconut Cake with Coconut Filling and Coconut Buttercream
- Carrot Cookies with Orange Buttercream Icing
- Coconut Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache Filling, Topped with Caramel Buttercream Frosting and Toasted Coconut
- Avocado Buttercream Frosting