A dense, chewy, cakelike cookie that is generally chocolate-flavored (hence the name), but can also be a variety of other flavors including butterscotch and vanilla (in which case it's called a blondie).
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies with Milk Chocolate Frosting
- Orange Brownies
- Praline Brownies with Praline Frosting
- Cardamom and Espresso Brownie Cake with Crispy Phyllo and Salted Caramel Filling
- Plated Brownies - 2 Ways
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- The Brownie That Started It All a.k.a The World's Best Brownie
- Yum Yum Brownie Muffins
- Chocolate Brownie Baklava
- Butter-less Banana Split Brownie Pizza
- Amaretto Brownie Sundae