To cook food directly under or above the heat source. Food can be broiled in an oven, directly under the gas or electric heat source, or on a barbecue grill, directly over charcoal or other heat source.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- London Broil and Portobello Sandwich
- London Broil with Green Peppercorn Butter
- London Broil with Steak Sauce Gravy, Smashed Cauliflower with Cheese, Ham and Red Chard
- London Broil With Onion Marmalade
- London Broil With Cheesy Yorkshire Pudding