The name applied to any of several freshwater or saltwater fish such as the American porgy, the Japanese sea bream and the French daurade. In general, bream can be grilled, baked or fried. See also fish; porgy.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Sea Bream Baked in a Bag: Orata en "Cartoccio"
- Sea Bream in Sea Salt with Salsa Verde
- Orata al Cartoccio: Bream in a Package
- Jerked Grilled Red Sea Bream with Pineapple Salsa
- Urta con Verduras: Red Band Bream with New World Vegetables