A coating of bread, cracker or other crumbs that has been applied to food. See bread, verb tense.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Eggplant Parmigiana 2
- Better Breaded Bites (Deep Fried Appetizer Alternatives)
- Pretzel-Mustard-Crusted Pork Tenderloin Sliders
- Pecan Crusted Chicken Breast with Chili Cumin Butter
- Simple Roast Chicken with Chestnut Breading
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Chorizo Corn Dogs with Grainy Maple Mustard
- Brickstore Pub Battered Ale Fish
- Cherry Bomb Poppers with Maple Bacon
- Halibut Cheeks with Spicy Aioli
- Puckett's Catfish Tacos